Lesson Plans - Sounds
Term 4 - 2017
This term students will learn about Sounds
to give DashBot new abilities!
New students will need to borrow or purchase a DashBot Kit.
DashBot will learn:
You will build:
This is a rough outline of the weekly classes for the term
*Each class proceeds at different rates
Week #1 (Oct 4 to 6)
Tear apart old junk to discover what is inside!
Then use your parts to build a JunkBot.
If you have old junk bring it to class, if not, extra junk will be provided.
All tools will also be provided (as well as hot glue and soldering)
Week #2 (Oct 11 to 13)
Students will learn all about speakers.
Week #3 (Oct 18 to 20)Cup Speaker and BeepBloX, and test basic beeping sounds.
Students will learn about frequency
Week #4 (Oct 25 to 27)
- Students will install software called Audacity
- Students will learn how to record, edit, and add effects to sounds
- Please bring headphones
No classes for 2 weeks
#5) Nov 1 to 3
#6) Nov 8 to 10
- To enable your robot to do more than just beep, he will need more memory
- Students will learn about different types of memory
- Flash (Static Balloon Demo)
- Students will wire-up their MemoryBloX
Week #8 (Nov 22 to 24)
- We will update our
- Students will combine their MemoryBloX and BeepBloX FX so their robot can play various sound clips
- We will record sound clips to use next week for our Silly SpeakBot.
Here are some examples:
(Choose at least 1 sentence, 3 adjectives, and 3 nouns) - You can also make-up your own.
Week #9 (Nov 29 to Dec 1)
- Students will learn about how frequency affects wave length as we combine
Fire & Sound in a Ruben's Fire Tube!
Week #10 (Dec 6 to 8)
- Student will choose one or more Final Project Challenges:
- Theremin -Light controlled musical instrument
- Disco Dancin' Bot - Dance to various musical styles
- What Time is it, Mr. Wolf? - Talking Clock
- ChatterBox - Random sound clips